Covid 19 First Aid Responder Update Training and Briefing.
First Aid Responders in the workplace should be provided with updated training on infection prevention and control principles. This 2-hour tailored COVID-19 First Aid Responder update programme is designed for all sectors and for all current qualified First Aid Responders before going back into the workplace.
The recent government mandated “Return to Work Safely Protocol” document for Employers and Employees dated 9th May 2020, states that First Aid Responders in the workplace should be provided with updated training on infection prevention and control principles including a performance of hand hygiene and appropriate use of personal protective equipment when delivering first aid.
This course is designed to assist and update First Aid Responders who are returning to work following the Covid-19 pandemic business closure.
By the end of this update training, all First Aid Responders will be brought up to speed on infection control measures, appropriate PPE to be used and give them confidence in dealing with suspected COVID-19 cases, injured parties and incidents on site during these unprecedented times, while adhering to CPG’s.
Course Objectives & Content
Upon completion of the COVID-19 First Aid Responder Update training, participants will cover and have a greater awareness of the following:
• Understanding infection, how it spreads and necessary control measures
• Understanding Transmission of pathogens
• Demonstrating the correct technique for donning & doffing first aid PPE
• Describing why hand hygiene is important
• Demonstrating correct hand washing technique
• Understanding the importance of respiratory/coughing sneeze etiquette
• Dealing with and continuing to treat injured parties as per CPG’s
• Dealing with a potential COVID-19 case in the office
• Effective Infection Control Measures as part of Personal Safety and Scene Safety
• Safe CFR procedures during Covid-19
• Body substance isolation and dealing with spillages
• Cleaning, decontamination and safe disposal of waste
• Discussing available guidance
Online Training Requirements:
• You must have access to a laptop/computer with a webcam to complete this training
• You must be available to complete the whole course as 100% attendance is required
• You will receive a link by email to access the training and the platform controls will be discussed at the beginning of the session
Our live interactive virtual online training course will allow for classroom style discussion and interaction as if you were in the classroom from any location that you choose.
Target Trainee Profile
All First Aid Responders in the workplace should attend this before returning to the workplace following the Covid-19 pandemic business closure. This course is designed as a supplementary module for all First Aid Responders in the workplace.
Ongoing verbal assessment throughout training and a Multiple-Choice Questions test will be completed at end of course by each participant
Virtual online interactive classroom training delivered through the Zoom platform
On successful completion, The FAC Institute will issue a COVID-19 First Aid Responder Update Training Certificate to each participant.