Multi-Platform Journalist at WLR FM (Broadcast Centre, Waterford)
Posted on: 8th May 2019
WLR FM is seeking an experienced creative journalist who can work across all of our dynamic platforms, who is able and willing to engage radio listeners and online users. A journalist who is highly skilled, self-starter who is able to write, produce, record and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories. The right candidate will work as part of the WLR News, Sport and Current Affairs Department. Previous experience is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to script, compile and read news and sports bulletins.
Identify stories of interest to the Waterford audience, conduct interviews and edit audio clips for bulletins.
Have the ability to write clear and concise news and sports scripts for broadcast and for the website.
A good knowledge and interest in news and sport is a must. The job includes a wide variety of roles, many of which involve being out and about covering events in Waterford City and County as well as being studio based.
Social: The right candidate must be active in social media, be able do walk-and-talk live video shots and be able to report live on radio. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
Candidate will be required to build Sports segments for news broadcasts on occasions.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, produce, edit and report ‘live’ assigned stories daily.
- Must know social media.
- Prepares hourly bulletins on Burli.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Required to work afternoons and evenings, and must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2-year experience in news or similar radio / newspaper / website / tv role.
- Must have experience in developing contacts, producing hard news stories, working alone.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of news production equipment and editing software (adobe / cool edit)
- Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Candidate must have strong journalistic standards and ethics.
- Desired Skills & Experience
- A college degree in Journalism, Radio/Television or related field is desireable.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to changes.
- Must be organised, highly motivated and ratings-oriented.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have full driving licence and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Hours: 37.5 working 3 shifts across 7-days.
Closing date is Friday May 10th, 2019. Send C.V and demo to email@example.com
Music Presenter Role at South East Radio (South East Radio, Custom House Quay, Wexford)
Posted on: 16th April 2019
South East Radio, the market leader in Co. Wexford, is seeking a new music presenter.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years on-air experience in a primetime 7am to 7pm role. If you’re an engaging presenter, with a good voice and personality, who can deliver great content for our audience we want to hear from you!
You should be familiar with RCS Zetta & Aquira, have experience in commercial production/traffic and have fresh social media ideas.
Send your CV and a short MP3 demo before 5pm on Friday 26th April 2019 to Programme Director Michael Sinnott firstname.lastname@example.org