The Return to Work Safely Protocol published on May 9 requires that organisations identify a Covid 19 Designated person and that training must be provided for this person. Since May 14, Connect4Work has delivered the Return to Work with COVID19 Planning session to nearly 350 individuals representing their organization in advance of returning to work after the COVID19 lockdown. As a follow on from this training, Connect4Work has developed a programme for the Covid 19 Designated Officer. This training session for COVID19 Designated person will provide an overview of the role, what is required of them and a list of safety considerations for the workplace they will have to implement, monitor, review and report on.
- Covid 19 Response Plan
- Covid 19 Designated Person
- Role - What is involved?
- Support from Site Management
- Induction Training
- Pre return to work form
- Communication to all staff – Daily huddles?
- Reporting to Management regarding adherence to safety measures
- Monitoring of behaviours and discipline of breaches
- Procedure in place to address a Suspected COVID19 Cases in work
- Cleaning space following suspected COVID19 case
- Key Prevention and Control Measures
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory Etiquette
- Social Distancing
- Health and Safety
- Role of the Employer and Employee
- Update Health and Safety Documentation
- Risk Assessments
- Close Working
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Measures undertaken to address staff wellbeing
- Preventing the spread of Covid 19
- Close Working
- Behaviours - everyone has a part to play
- Shift Adjustment/Cross Cover
- General Considerations
- Walkways and general access to buildings
- Communal areas
- Wider Considerations
- Customer interaction
- First Aid responder guidance
- Management of Meetings
- Travel to/from work
- Contractors/Visitors to Stations
- What procedures need to be in place for visitors
- Information Sources
- Monitoring updates from Government Departments, HSE, HSA etc
Delivery of COVID19 Designated Person Training:
- This session will be delivered via Zoom and will last 2hours.
- The session will include time for Q&A at the end.
- It is intended for any person who has recently been appointed as the COVID19 Designated Person for their place of work.
- This training should be completed in advance of a return to work as much of the role involves preparing the workplace for the return of staff, customers, contractors and visitors.
Mary Finn, Connect4Work