The aim of this session is to provide agency & direct sales people with a good understanding of the current commercial landscape of Irish Media and where Radio currently fits within it.
The presentation will cover:
• The changing dynamics of the Irish Media Market from the explosion in choice, the growth of subscription-based media to the importance of mobile, the sophistication of targeting and the battle for attention
• An appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of each major medium (TV, Print, OOH, Digital – display, social and search)
• Understanding advertiser challenges in a more complex environment for marketing, communications, retail, agency & media suppliers
• How do sales people get their message across to media buyers / planners in agencies
• Ad spending trends and prospects for 2020 in the wake of the pandemic
• Key messages / reassurances that sales people need to be giving advertisers in the current climate.
The session will last about 80 minutes with a 10 min break for online attendees to refresh, take calls and have a cup of tea.
This is the first module of the Certificate in Radio Sales by Learning Waves. A total of 5 CPD points will be allocated to users on completion of this module.