Employment Law and Policies - What you need to know..
This one day workshop will be delivered by a qualified Workplace Adjudicator experienced in all aspects of employment legislation and in hearing cases under the Workplace Relations Commission. The workshop will focus on real life cases, the specific needs of the participants, and will have a practical focus. A detailed resource guide and ready reckoner of employment legislation will be provided to participants related to best practice policy and procedures.
At the end of the course you will :
- Have a full understanding of the relevant aspects of employment law and how it applies to the employment relationship.
- Be familiar with the key elements of the various pieces of employment legislation and the relevant statutory instrument.
- Appreciate of the importance of developing and adhering to employment policies and procedures
- Know where to go and how to deal with employment law issues.
- Overview of employment law rights and understanding the employment legislation for a
- Recruitment and selection obligations
- Contracts of employment including changes to contracts and payment of wages legislation
- Induction obligations and role of staff handbooks and HR policies and procedures including relevant statutory instruments
- Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
- Data protection and record management obligations
- Social media requirements
- Training and development obligations
- Trade union rights and representations including consultation and relevant Industrial Relations Acts
- Atypical work arrangements
- Employee’s legal entitlements- including leave arrangements, maternity and paternity
- Time and attendance issues including Organisation of working time obligations, sick leave and absenteeism management, maternity and parental leave and other leave entitlements
- Performance management
- Disciplinary issues including bullying and harassment
- Health and safety obligations
- Termination of employment including unfair dismissal legislation and redundancy
- TUPE regulations
- Workplace Relations Commission and relevant legislation
This practical and interactive workshop is designed to provide a user friendly and focussed step through all aspects of employment legislation from entry through to the termination of the employment contract. Our approach will be to bring participants through each phase of an employee’s career and apply the relevant legislation pertinent to that phase whilst also providing references to all aspects of employment legislation. It will include case studies relevant to each piece of legislation, with exercises, discussions and precedent set by case law as relevant.
Target Trainee Profile
All employees within the sector who need to be aware of Employment Law and Policies.
Trainer - Gerry Rooney, Acrux Consulting
Gerry is Managing Director and founding member of Acrux Consulting Ltd. Gerry has over 30 years’ experience in the design and delivery of learning and development initiatives throughout Ireland, in the UK and the United States.
As an experienced HR practitioner Gerry was recently appointed as an Adjudicator to the Workplace Relations Commission where he sits part time as an Adjudicator hearing a range of employment disputes.