Leading as a Producer - Radio Producer Certificate.
The aim of this course is to give you the opportunity as a radio producer to optimise your current skills and to learn new skills. The course will cover the key elements of producing a radio show, an insight to the producers toolkit, how social media is impacting the role of the producer, insights from presenters and producers across a range of radio programmes. The programme is aimed at those with less than 18 months experience as a radio producers who want to move to the next level of their career.
Module 1 - Course Overview & The Producers Toolkit
- Overview of the course and course objectives
- Meet the trainers
- The fundamentals of great radio production
- The Producers Toolkit
- Panel Discussion - Meet the Presenters
Module 2 - Creating Great Content for your Show
- How audience appetites have changed when it comes to talk radio
- Liberal v Conservative voices
- Research Techniques
- Running order for your Show
- New ways to find topical content
- Original content - stand out from the crowd
- Branded content and commercial partnerships
- Getting your show to air
- Promoting your radio show
- How to Manage disaster situations
- Innovation as a producer
- Pitching your ideas
- Managing costs and budgets
Module 3 - Leadership and Communication (Part 1)
- Understanding yourself before you lead others
- Transitioning from team member to team leader
- Growing your confidence and your own leadership and communication style
Module 4 - Leadership and Communication (Part 2)
- Building effective feedback skills in order to raise performance levels
- Managing Up - Influencing Skills
- Dealing with management -know what they expect and how to deal with it
Module 5 - Course Wrap Up
- Review of course and content
- Participant learnings from a content and leadership perspective
- Participant presentations
Who is this content for?
Anyone who is producing a talk/music/sport programme in a radio station and who has less than 18 months experience. Successful trainees will receive an Radio Producer Certificate from the Learning Waves Radio Academy. There will be pre-course work required from all participants. The details of the pre-course work will be emailed to participants who secure a place 10 days in advance of the course commencing.
The course delivery will be very practical in nature with a series of guest lecturers participating in the programme. Participants will be encouraged to get involved in the programme discussion and practical tasks during the programme. The dates and time for the course are as follows :
7th and 8th November 2023 in person
28th and 29th November 2023 in person
To register for this course click on 'Book Now' at the top of this page.