The course examines what stops us producing original stories and offers quick, no-cost solutions. It looks at the power of 'disruptive' questions and at active listening as a means to seeing stories in a new way. It offers techniques for improving the way you tell stories and for helping to pitching them effectively.
The outcomes of the course are as follows:
- A deeper understanding of the key skills needed to find and tell compelling stories
- To be able to listen to contributors at a deeper level to uncover new insights and information
- Knowledge of techniques to enable original thinking and original journalism
- To receive and learn from focussed feedback on individual story writing
This course will cover the following:
- What is original journalism?
- Finding original stories
- The power of questions
- Getting away from formula journalism
- How to tell great stories
- Pitching your ideas and ....much more!
A highly interactive course with lots of practical input from trainers and participants.