Learning Waves launches 360 Broadcast Bootcamp Course for 2021.
Learning Waves Skillnet, the training body for the Independent Commercial Radio Sector in Ireland, is delighted to launch its 360 Broadcast Bootcamp course for 2021. The course is designed to give graduates and those seeking employment in the industry the opportunity to gain skills in researching, producing and presenting a radio show. This course will provide you with everything you need to know about presenting a radio programme. You will get the opportunity to work in a team to create content that matters to you and you will have the opportunity to have your content broadcast on an online radio station.
Since the onset of Covid 19, the course has been delivered online by Learning Waves and it will be delivered online from September 2021. The revised course curriculum covers everything you need to know if you're hoping to begin your career in radio. Over the 13 weeks you will cover the following :
- The Radio Landscape in Ireland
- Radio Programme Planning
- Breakfast Show Presentation
- Voice Training
- Introduction to Media Law
- Creating audio and video content using your mobile phone
- Social Media and the role it plays in the radio landscape
- Researching, producing and presenting content for radio
- Writing and Presenting News stories
- The role of Commercial Production in radio
- CV and Demo preparation along with interview skills
- Project Presentation
In addition to the above, participants will have the unique opportunity to meet directly with industry experts, including Programme Directors, Breakfast Show Presenters, News Editors, Social Media Editors, Commercial Production staff and many more from across the industry.
The course will be delivered via Zoom over 13 weeks, one evening per week with participants completing final projects at the end of the course. A mentor will be provided to participants over the course of the programme to assist and guide with projects. In addition to this students will have access to the Learning Hub through which all course materials will be shared and the Hub will also provide a platform for students to upload content and course assignments.
Applications for the course are now open. The closing date for applications is Friday 13th August 2021. You can apply by clicking on this link : 2021 Broadcast Bootcamp Application Form
The course is limited to 24 participants. The course is fully funded by Skillnet Ireland under the Skills Connect Initiative through Learning Waves Skillnet. Application criteria apply.
Learning Waves has been successfully delivering this course since 2015 and the list below provides you with an insight of previous course participants and where they are now:
- Garrett Mulhall, Producer, Newstalk
- Aoife O'Brien, Social Media Editor, Classic Hits
- Jessica Maciel, Presenter, Today FM
- Daniel Considine, Senior News Reporter, Shannonside
- Jessica Spencer, Presenter, FRQ.fm
- Ben Corbett, Digital Audio Producer, A Million Ads
- JJ Clarke, Producer, 98FM
- Dearbhla Gavin, Broadcast Journalist, BBC News
- Jason Collins, Presenter, East Coast FM, KFM Radio and 8Radio
- Michelle Heffernan, Presenter, Beat 102-103
All of the above participants secured the above roles following completion of the course. We look forward to seeing who will graduate from our course in 2021, it could be you.