360 Radio Bootcamp course launched by Learning Waves.
Learning Waves Skillnet, the training body for the Independent Commercial Radio Sector in Ireland, has today launched its 360 Radio Bootcamp course for 2020. In a departure from previous years and due to Covid 19, this course will be delivered online by the network. Applications for the course are open from today and will close on the 29th August 2020.
About the Course
The course is designed and delivered by radio experts working across the sector along with external trainers used by the network. In the course participants will gain an insight into the following :
- The Radio Landscape in Ireland
- Radio Programme Planning
- Breakfast Show Presentation
- Voice Training
- Introduction to Media Law
- Creating audio and video content using your mobile phone
- Social Media and the role it plays in the radio landscape
- Researching, producing and presenting content for radio
- Writing and Presenting News stories
- The role of Commercial Production in radio
- CV and Demo preparation along with interview skills
- Project Presentation
In addition to the above, participants will have the unique opportunity to meet directly with industry experts, including Programme Directors, Breakfast Show Presenters, News Editors, Social Media Editors, Commercial Production staff and many more from across the industry.
The course will be delivered via Zoom over 10 weeks, one evening per week with participants completing final projects at the end of the ten weeks. A mentor will be provided to participants over the course of the programme to assist and guide with projects.
Applications for the course open today and participants can apply by completing the application form here.
The closing date for applications is 29th August 2020 and the course is limited to 15 participants. The course is fully funded by Skillnet Ireland through Learning Waves Skillnet. Application criteria do apply.
Learning Waves has been successfully delivering this course since 2015 and participants from the course have included :
- Garrett Mulhall, Breakfast Producer, Newstalk
- Aoife O'Brien, Social Media Editor, Classic Hits
- Jessica Maciel, Presenter, Today FM
- Daniel Considine, Senior News Reporter, Galway Bay FM
- Jessica Spencer, Presenter, FRQ.fm
- Ben Corbett, Digital Audio Producer, A Million Ads
- JJ Clarke, Producer, 98FM
- Dearbhla Gavin, Broadcast Journalist, BBC News
- Jason Collins, Presenter, East Coast FM, KFM Radio and 8Radio
- Michelle Heffernan, Presenter, Beat 102-103
All of the above participants secured the above roles following completion of the course. We look forward to seeing who will graduate from our course in 2020, it could be you.