Training Initiatives for the Independent Commercial Radio Sector during Covid 19.
Learning Waves, through the support of its member organisations, Skillnet Ireland and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland is continuing to design, develop and deliver training initiatives and supports to the Independent Commercial Radio sector during Covid 19. The network is currently working with trainers across a number of disciplines to design, develop and deliver the following programmes over the coming weeks :
- Presenting using Zoom
- Covd 19 Lead Training
- First Aid Training
- Podcasting - Developing your Podcast Story
- SEO for Journalists
- Diploma in Copywriting through London College of Music
- Diploma in Social Media for Radio
- One to One Voice training
- Buliding Resilient Leadership
- Effective and Engaging Communications for Leaders
In additon to this, Learning Waves will :
- Host its AGM on 9th June 2020 at 11am via Zoom
- Work with trainers to develop frameworks, templates and procedures for the safe return to work over the coming months
- Undertake a survey to determine the impact of Covid 19 on the sector and how the sector will prepare for the recovery post Covid 19
- Liaise with Skillnet Ireland to allow us to secure additional funding that may become available over the coming months
All of our members supported of the roll out of the Be Media Smart Campaign both on-air and across all their stations social media channels. Learning Waves is working with all stations to give a cumulative figure of ads broadcast across the sector for the campaign.
Congratulations to all our members on securing funding from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and to IBI for ensuring the funding was allocated to the sector.
Stay tuned to our website and social media channels for updates on our members fundraising activities and events during Covid 19. Updates on recent fundraising events at FM104, Clare FM and Tipp FM will be given later in the week.
For all your training needs and for specific requests email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 26th May 2020