Learning Waves, the training body for the Independent Commercial Radio Sector, has been supporting its members through Covid 19. The network supports the sector in relation to learning and development needs and receives funding from Skillnet Ireland, the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and its members to design and deliver learning and development needs to all members in the sector. Since March 2020, the network has :
- Led discussions with Skillnet Ireland to secure a Covid 19 grant to offset matching required from members for the period April to June 2020
- Liaised with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland to secure revised funding under the Sectoral Learning and Development Fund for 2020
- Upgraded its Zoom licence to allow for additional capacity in relation to the delivery of programmes to members across the sector
- Developed of a number of online courses to allow staff across the sector access training in the following areas :
- Radio Sales Certificate - 7 Module Programme
- Digital Marketing for Radio - 9 Module Programme, 3 courses currently booked out
- Mobile Journalism Certificate - 5 Module Programme
- HR and Employment Law Updates
- HR Support to members
- Remote working for Journalists
- IT training to included Excel and Powerpoint
- WellBeing Webinars
- Support to members in relation to BAI funding applications in conjunction with IBI
- G Selector training with RCS UK
A number of new programmes are currently being developed with existing and new trainers to address the needs of members during this time. Learning Waves is also working with trainers and a number of organisations to prepare the sector for the recovery. Consultations with the Health Service Executive and the Health and Safety Authority will take place over the coming weeks to look at guidelines and standards for return to work.
The network is currently seeking proposals to integrate a Learner Management System into its website which will allow members access to a suite of training materials.
For more details on any of the above or to find out how Learning Waves can help you, email email@example.com or call on 087 4173301.