New developments at Learning Waves.
Learning Waves Skillnet is constantly reviewing its offering to ensure that we bring to most up to date information and knowledge to you, our members. In 2017, we have received funding from Skillnets to develop new programmes in the following areas:
- Digital for Radio
- Mobile Journalism
- Programme Director Development course
- Online training materials
Learning Waves has set up sub committees, comprising of people from within the sector alongside our trainers to undertake the development of the above programmes. The anticipated completion date for the development of the above programmes is end of May 2017. Delivery of the programmes will then be rolled out from June 2017.
We are also continually engaging with new trainers to bring to you new training and new methods of the delivery of such training. Learning Waves is looking at the following in this regard:
- Video Production for Radio - this will look at how radio stations are producing video content and what equipment is being used
- Creative Radio Advertising DipLCM - Learning Waves Skillnet is currently reviewing a programme on offer from GoCreate Academy in relation to Creative Radio Advertising which is an online course aimed at Production staff across the sector. The course is accredited through the London School of Music.
- Radio's relevance in a Social World - Martin Liss from BCI in Germany whom you will have heard speak at Radio Days Ireland is returing to Kerry on 30th March 2017 to talk to us about 'Radio's Relevance in a Social World' and in particular how this impacts on programmers and programming content. We are really keen to hear and see Martin in action in the Kingdom and hopefully he will return to our shores later in the year.
- Development of a Continous Professional Development(CPD) Framework for the Radio Industry. Learning Waves is currently working with Gerry Rooney from Acrux Consulting and all of our sub committee members to finalise a policy and framework in relation to CPD for the industry. Once established the framework will see participants get credits for their efforts and such credits will lead to Certificate/Diploma in relevant areas.
- Training specifically relation to IT & Engineering in the sector. We currently have tenders out for trainers in the areas of VMWare, CISCO Certified Network Associate and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator.
New trainers in 2017 so far include :
- Ken Kirwan from CopyBox
- Marlese Louw from 'On the Button'
- Big Wave Media Training
We will continually review and revise our trainer panel to ensure that you get the highest quality trainers and training from Learning Waves Skillnet