Learning Waves is delighted to announce Phase 2 of our partnership with BBC Radio Ulster. The partnership was agreed in March 2016 between Teresa Hanratty & Nessa McGann from Learning Waves and Jackie Neill from BBC Radio Ulster and Phase 1 has now been completed. Phase 2 of the partnership offers exciting opportunities for both parties to share experiences, challenges and ideas across a wide range of areas. Such areas include:
- The opportunity to shadow the Stephen Nolan Show.
- The opportunity to work with the News Online Team & Radio Current Affairs incl Talkback, Good Morning UIster
- The opportunity to visit BBC Radio Foyle in Londonderry – a small station with a range of styles of programmes and big news presence and works alongside the main news service on BBC Radio Ulster.
- The opportunity for one person be part of the continuity team who are a mix of announcers, audio assistants, mix music, play out pre-rec programmes and work with teams right across the schedule.
- The opportunity to work with the Arts Show
- The opportunity to work with BBC Gaelige – for nightly magazine production in Irish.
Learning Waves members will have the opportunity to visit the BBC in Belfast to see how programmes are put together etc and at the same time staff from BBC in Belfast will get to visit Learning Waves member stations. There will also be opportunities for Learning Waves to access trainers/speakers from the BBC and the BBC will have opportunities to access training courses being provided by Learning Waves.
Full details of the partnership and opportunities available in Phase 2 to Learning Waves members are available from Learning Waves. We are now seeking applications from those in the sector who wish to visit BBC in Belfast between April and June 2017. Get in touch to see how you can apply.
Please note that Learning Waves will be in a position to cover travel and accommodation for successful participants. Such costs will be based on receipts and will be set at a maximum per person by Learning Waves.
The continuation of this partnership will be exciting and very beneficial partnership for both parties. We would encourage you all to share the details and to avail of these exciting opportunities.