Digital Storytelling to engage and connect audiences.
Storytelling is an essential skill for media professionals, but with so many different platforms and formats, how do you tell stories in a multimedia digital way? This training will break down the essential elements of what makes a story work, how storytelling differs from audio to video and social media. It will also guide participants on how to implement storytelling in their content strategy.
The course will look at the following :
- Understanding what makes a Story. Why stories are so important
- Storytelling models and tropes. Why understanding story structure is essential
- The basics of storytelling and why stories matter
- Storytelling on-air
- Telling long form stories
- Case studies from news organisations
- Storytelling on video and scripting for a video story
- Storytelling in Interviews
- Storytelling in text
- Understanding how readers consume stories
- Painting pictures with words and words with pictures
- Audio storytelling and storytelling in Podcasting
- Using archive to tell stories and how to tell slow news stories
Mark Egan, Purple Bridge Media
Mark is a former BBC video journalist and mobile video expert. He has spoken on stages from Paris to Qingdao and has consulted with major organisations on their video strategies. Mark is a faculty member of the European Broadcasting Union Academy and has created social media content for global brands around the world.
Who is this content for?
The course is aimed at researchers, producers, presenters and all those who are creating and telling stories across the sector.
This course will be delivered in peson on 14th and 15th June 2023. To register for this course go to : http://bit.ly/3yZ1u4F