BAI Guidelines on Sponsorhsip and Promotions(Commercial Communications Code).
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) revised its General Commercial Communications Code on 1st June 2017. The Code sets out the rules that Irish radio and television stations must comply with when it comes to airing advertising, sponsorship, product placement and other forms of commercial communications. The aim of the revised Code is to give the public the confidence that commercial communications on television and radio are legal, decent, honest, truthful, and protect their interests. It is also intended to provide greater clarity and certainty for Irish broadcasters and audiences on the standards that should apply. The aim of the workshop is to provide participants with and understanding of the General Commercial Communications code and how it applies to radio stations with particulaer reference to sponsorship, alcohol, gambling, CBD oils and extracts.
The workshop will look at the following in respect of the General Commercial Communications code:
- Compliance - methods and its context within the Broadcasting Act 2009
- Understanding the code and its key principles
- Rules for all commercial communications
- Sponsorship v Advertising
- Call to purchase/Special Promotional references
- Alcohol Advertising Legislation and rules for advertisers
- Gambling - definitions and rules for advertisers
- CBD and Oil extracts - rules and guidance
Online workshop - 2.5 hours in duration
Target Trainee Profile
All those working in the Independent Radio Sector who deal with the BAI Commercial Codes as part of their role
This workshop is delivered by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland