A highly interactive and practical two-day course designed to develop the editorial leadership skills that are essential to leaders in a multimedia environment. The course will help you to clarify your editorial vision and communicate this to your team. It will look at the editorial values that underpin your vision and focus on how to make your team the best it can be: delivering the best in original journalism.
The course covers:
- Defining your editorial vision, communicating effectively with your team and setting goals to motivate them
- Defining your editorial values - using real scenarios, we help you to develop clear editorial decision-making
- How to encourage original thinking in storytelling and ensure your journalism has a greater impact
- Developing an effective leadership style, including managing difficult situations and getting your message across
- A follow-up one-hour Skype session is available after the course to address individual issues.
Attendees will gain:
- A clear editorial vision for their team and know how to communicate it
- Confidence in their editorial decision-making skills
- Tips and techniques to encourage original thinking in their team
- Know-how to communicate effectively and confidently when handling difficult situations
Target Trainee Profile
This course is aimed specifically at staff within our member stations who lead and manage an output team. Participants must have approval from managers to attend this programme.
This course is delivered by senior BBC journalists.