Power BI for Business.
Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn your unrelated sources of data into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights. Whether your data is a simple Excel spreadsheet, or a collection of cloud-based and on-premises hybrid data warehouses, Power BI lets you easily connect to your data sources, visualize (or discover) what’s important, and share that with anyone or everyone you want. The aim of this course is to give participants an overview of Power BI and how it can help them when extracting and reporting data.
An Introduction to Power BI
- Working with Power BI Desktop Files
- Connecting to Data Sources in Power BI Desktop
- Creating a Report with Visualisations
- Doing More with Visualisations
Working with Data
- Transforming and Sanitizing Data
- Using the Query Editor
- Data Modelling
- Introduction to DAX
- Managing Relationships
Working with Reports and Visualisations
- Managing Report Pages
- Changing Report View Options
- Working with Visualisations
- Adding Static Objects to a Report
A Closer Look at Visualisations
- Matrixes, Tables and Charts
Introduction to the Power BI Online App
- Getting Started
- Connecting to Data Sources with the Power BI Online App
- Using Dashboards and Reports
- Creating Custom Dashboards
- Power BI Online App Features of Insights and Q&A
Sharing and Collaboration
- Sharing Dashboards and Reports
- Collaborating with coworkers to create an App
- Publishing your App
- Using Power BI Mobile Apps
Mary Warde, Sureskills
Who is this content for?
This course is aimed at anyone using Power BI reports or anyone who is looking to set up Power BI reports for extracting and analysing data.
The course will be delivered over Zoom. To book your place on the course click on 'Book Now' at the top of this page. Once you register for the course a Zoom link will be forwarded to you to join.