Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion.
The course will explore equality, diversity and inclusion from a range of perspectives including the business, moral and legislative context. Participants will have the opportunity to examine the various terminology relating to the legislation (e.g. types of discrimination) and its application.
At the end of this session, participants will have :
- An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion within an organizational context
- An understanding of the legislative framework and its application
- An understanding of the different types of discrimination
- An understanding of Equality law
- A greater understanding of race inclusion/racism
- A greater understanding on how to manage and overcome concious and unconcious bias
In essence the workshop will look at why organisations would want to strive to be an inclusive organisation and an organisation that prioritises diversity.
Liza-Jo Gee, Irish Centre for Diversity and Inclsuion
Who is this content for?
This course is aimed at all those working in the sector.