TikTok for Journalists.
TikTok is used by more than a billion users around the globe. Its growth is driven mainly by younger audiences who use it as one of their main sources of news.The challenge for news organisations and journalists is to harness this platform. Even organisations such as the BBC were slow in creating a presence on TikTok. Now, it is a platform that journalists cannot ignore.
In fact, with the right strategies and understanding of the algorithm, many news outlets are having success reaching new audiences on TikTok.
In this training we will explain how the algorithm works, what content is most effective, how to build an audience and how journalists are telling important stories in a way that is native to the platform.
In this course you will look at the following :
- Introduction to TikTok
- Understanding the Audience
- How to approach TikTok as a Journalist
- Creating a TikTok strategy
- Deciding which topics work best
- Case studies from news organisations
- Video storytelling on TikTok
- Scripting for Success
- Shooting TikTok videos
- Essential accessories
- Things to consider when creating TikTok videos
- Going Live on TikTok
- How to build a Live audience
- Uses of TikTok Live
- Apps to enhance your content
- Involving your audience
- Creating emotion in your storytelling
- Using Archive to build an audience
Who is this content for?
This course is aimed at all those either using or looking to use TikTok to tell stories across their organisation.