Selling Digital in Radio.
This new course developed by Learning Waves Skillnet and the Digital Training Institute will equip radio station staff with the knowledge and skills to devise, sell and execute digital products and services, thus generating new revenue streams, separate from on-air.
The Digital Age provides radio stations with an opportunity to create new revenue streams by harnessing the power of their digital assets. In this practical workshop, station staff will evaluate existing digital assets and learn how they can combine on-air and online to create campaign-based and stand-alone digital-based advertising for existing and new clients.
Day 1: Your Digital Rate Card (full day)
- The digital landscape demystified
- Digital asset review
- How to monetise existing assets
- Digital campaign brainstorming
- Campaign matching: advertisers and audience segments
- Pricing models (including a review of competitors)
- Development of digital rate card
Day 2: Delivering on Digital Sales (full day)
- Social media trends and tactics radio stations need to leverage now
- Creating digital content for successful campaigns
- Identifying roles and responsibilities in the digital sales process
- Optimising campaign and branded content (Search Engine Optimisation)
- The digital sales pitch to advertisers
- Measuring digital campaign success that sales teams and advertisers understand
Following the first two days of the course, Joanne will prepare your station’s digital rate card and roadmap. The roadmap is your execution plan outlining what you need to do to prepare and sell the new digital products.
Day 3: Review and progress (half day)
- Review progress on sales
- Roadblocks identified (sales, content, results)
- Iteration of roadmap to get back on track
- Next steps
Who should attend this training?
This practical workshop works best when a multi-disciplinary team from stations attend comprising sales, content (news, sport, production), presenters and management. This course is best suited to individual or station groups that are not competing against each other. A minimum of 8 participants is required for this course to be run for individual or station groups.
The trainer will require access to your Google Analytics dashboard on the day of the workshop as well as information on any current digital packages being sold.
Trainer - Joanne Sweeney, CEO, Digital Training Institute
Joanne is a published author and her first title looks at use of social media by law enforcement agencies. She is a writer for Social Media Examiner, the world's largest social media website. She hosts a weekly podcast called JSB Talks Digital and a weekly vlog of the same name. She also delivers webinars on Big Marker, the world's largest webinar community. Joanne is a skilled trainer and in the past three years alone has delivered face-to-face training to over 3,000 people across the world. Every single training programme she has designed and delivered and she complements this training with online supports, resources and mentoring. She has her