Google Analytics : Telling Stories with your Customer Data.
This course is for those who use Google Analytics on a regular basis but feel they are only skimming the surface of the data that is being collected. If you want to start telling stories with your customer data, stories that link back to KPI's then this course is for you.
At the end of the course learners will:
1. Identify and understand the important metrics to look for when using Google Analytics.
2. Have a clear understanding of how to identify, set-up and use goals and funnels to assess content quality.
3. Produce better customer stories that contain actionable insights that can be used to power business decisions.
- The course will start with walk through the interface, this includes showing you how you can remove your own traffic from your Google Analytics reports before an overview of the account metrics - so right from the start you’ll know your bounce rate from your conversion rate.
- Before going into individual reports we’ll concentrate on the one factor that is commonly cited as the reason why most companies fail at web analytics: goal setting.
- This course will walk you through step-by-step how to identify, set-up and manage website goals in your Google Analytics account so each participant walks away with goals injected into their account and ready to use.
What does this mean?
It will help you identify the good quality traffic from the poor quality traffic so you can use the reports to get more quality traffic back to your website.
After goal setting we will look at all the different way’s to view your customers and you’ll be given a deep-dive into the main Google Analytics reports and learn how to look for and use actionable insights over vanity metrics.
Trainer - Joanne Kearney - Glow Metrics
Joanne set-up GlowMetrics in 2013 and has over 10 years’ experience working on digital marketing campaigns, specialising in search strategy, conversion optimisation, econometric modelling, web analytics and usability. She has executed and managed many large-scale campaigns across the UK and Ireland for a number of clients including TV3, Trader Media Group, Betfair, Tourism & Discover Ireland, O2, Vodafone, P&G, Siemens, Sage, uSwitch, Electric Ireland and Kraft.
Joanne has delivered custom training courses as far as Vietnam and the Philippines and more locally is the resident Search and Analytics training provider for Cork Chamber of Commerce.