Digital imaging and software applications like Photoshop play a role in many areas of industry including design, marketing and communications. So learners may come from a variety of backgrounds, with or without prior graphics experience. The aim of this course is for learners;
- to gain a solid understanding of the concepts of digital imaging,
- to gain practical skills in the software
- to gain sufficient competency and fluency to enable them to take control of producing professional quality images and artwork for their individual purposes
After this course learners will be able to:
- Use all the main selection, and compositing tools to isolate images and work on them in a flexible and non-destructive manner. This includes layers, adjustment layers, opacity and blend modes.
- Understand and use ‘Masking’ techniques to control effects. Refine selection techniques with ‘Select and Mask’, and use Photoshop‘Smart Objects’ technology to work with a mix of files and formats like vectors, and to control‘Filter Effects’ with ‘Convert for Smart Filters’.
- Improve the quality of images with the latest ‘Adjustment layers’ including‘Vibrance’ and‘Exposure’. Understand key aims and objectives when retouching images for best Contrast, Tone, Colour and Saturation.
- Use the latest smart technologies like ‘Content Aware’ for Fills and Scale, remove unwanted artefacts and resize images for square formats such as for social media output. Also use the latest retouching tools such as ‘Content Aware Move’, ‘Puppet Warp’ and‘Liquify’ to retouch, recolour, and reshape objects.
- Understand how to leverage the best workflow using the benefits of the Adobe Creative Cloud including team collaboration on files, CC Libraries for managing and sharing of assets, and Creative Cloud Publish Online capabilities.
- Confidently create high-quality finished artwork for different outputs and sizes including web, social media platforms, smart phone, print, and PDF.
- Gain hands-on experience of the techniques with parts of the training dedicated to practical work and mini-projects set by the tutor.
- Lesson 1: Making the Most of the Work Area
- Lesson 2: Working with Selections, Resizing and Transforming
- Lesson 3: Layers and Layer Effects
- Lesson 4: Adjusting & Enhancing images for Best Quality Output
- Lesson 5: Retouching, Repairing, & Warping
- Lesson 6: Masks and Masking Techniques, and Blending
- Lesson 8: Typographic Design for Graphic Layouts
- Lesson 9: Basic Vectors and Logos
- Lesson 10: Combining skills for Creative Effects
- Lesson 11: Artboards, Web Graphics and Social Media Output
- Lesson 12: Outputting for Print & PDF
- Lesson 13: Creative Cloud Workflow, CC Stock Templates, CC Libraries
This is course includes a copy of the PDF slides and summary training notes of the key tools and techniques.
Links to a series of short online training tutorials for clients to use as reference and supporting material.