The aim of this course is to give participants a range of functional everyday techniques to quickly process and improve images using Photoshop CS6. The one day workshop will provide you with the tools to work with photographic images.
The aim of this course is for learners;
- to gain a solid understanding of the concepts of digital imaging,
- to gain practical skills in the software
- to gain sufficient competency and fluency to enable them to take control of producing professional quality images and artwork for their individual purposes
- The Toolbox, tool shortcuts
- Options bar
- Document Sizes / Scratch Sizes
- Units and Rulers
- Zooming and Navigation techniques
- Basic palette techniques
- Understanding Colour Models
- Image Modes – Bitmap, Grayscale, RGB Colour, CMYK Colour
- The Save As options.
- GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF formats
- PSD file formats
- Saving for the Web options
- Undo/redo methods
- History palette
- History States
- Resizing and cropping images
- Working with the canvas sizes
- Checking Image resolution
- Rotating Images
- Sizing images for the web
- Making selections
- Using the various marquee tools
- Selection options
- Copying and Pasting selections
- Working with Layers and the layer concepts
- Creating, moving, duplicating and deleting layers
- Managing the Layers palette
- Layer fills and opacity
- Working with the text tool
- Layering Text
- Text formatting and positioning options
- Adding Blending to a layer
- Drop-shadows, Strokes, Outer Glows, Fills and Gradients
After this course learners will be able to:
- Use all the main selection, and compositing tools to isolate images and work on them in a flexible and non-destructive manner. This includes layers, adjustment layers, opacity and blend modes.
- Understand and use ‘Masking’ techniques to control effects. Refine selection techniques with ‘Select and Mask’, and use Photoshop‘Smart Objects’ technology to work with a mix of files and formats like vectors, and to control‘Filter Effects’ with ‘Convert for Smart Filters’.
- Improve the quality of images with the latest ‘Adjustment layers’ including‘Vibrance’ and‘Exposure’. Understand key aims and objectives when retouching images for best Contrast, Tone, Colour and Saturation.
- Use the latest smart technologies like ‘Content Aware’ for Fills and Scale, remove unwanted artefacts and resize images for square formats such as for social media output. Also use the latest retouching tools such as ‘Content Aware Move’, ‘Puppet Warp’ and‘Liquify’ to retouch, recolour, and reshape objects.
- Understand how to leverage the best workflow using the benefits of the Adobe Creative Cloud including team collaboration on files, CC Libraries for managing and sharing of assets, and Creative Cloud Publish Online capabilities.
- Confidently create high-quality finished artwork for different outputs and sizes including web, social media platforms, smart phone, print, and PDF.
- Gain hands-on experience of the techniques with parts of the training dedicated to practical work and mini-projects set by the tutor.
Who is this content for?
The course is aimed at anyone looking to start using Photoshop.
This course will be delivered online. There will be 4 x 1.5 hour training sessions.
Course dates are :
14th March 2023
16th March 2023
21st March 2023
23rd March 2023
Participants must attend all days. To register for the course go to : http://bit.ly/3JXgabd