'From Idea to Application' - how to get your programme idea into a Sound & Vision Application.
Learning Waves will be running a series of workshops in April and May 2013 with Zoe Comyns and Francesca Lalor aimed at assisting participants in putting programme ideas into Sound and Vision Applications. The workshops will ask participants to come with programme ideas and these will then be worked on during the workshops. The workshops will look at the following in relation to participants ideas :
- Idea Development: Working up the idea from it's origins to a fully formed pitch
- Additionality..."I have an idea, it's a story that has been told before, but I have a unique angle, a new perspective...how can I pitch it?"
- Thinking outside the box: How can I find ideas in other genres/themes, such as science, children's programming, entertainment etc?
- Making your pitch stand out. The S&V scheme is more competitive than ever, with a smaller pot of funds to work with. How can I make my idea outshine the rest?
- Making creative radio: Breaking the mould, by editing creatively, use of sound, breaking the linear narrative structure, using humour.
- Fitting your pitch to the requirements of the scheme: I also work closely with producers on the wording of their pitch, linking it to S&V requirements, the structuring of their running order, the linking of their pitch to the listenership of the broadcast station, etc
- Ensuring Value for money: How to pitch your budget affordably, and ensure value for money, as we are using tax-payers money. Where to spend/where to save. How to write your budget notes to reinforce this in your pitch.
Dates for the workshops will be confirmed by the end of next week.