Return to Work with Covid 19 Training Programmes.
Covid 19 will remain as a health risk for some time to come, therefore all organisations are now required to introduce new health and safety measures in order to provide for a safe return to work for all employees.
Following the government briefing on May 9th regarding safety measures for the re-opening of businesses, all organisations will be required to update or introduce new health and safety measures. Workplaces will have to go through some kind of workplace rehabilitation to ensure that they are not just open for business, but are ready and able to operate with Covid-19 restrictions such as social distancing.
In order to support the sector for the safe return to work, Learning Waves is offering the following training programmes for all staff :
- Return to Work with Covid 19 - A Framework for Radio Stations
- Covid 19 Lead Officer Training - 2 Hour training for Covid 19 Officers across the sector. It is advised that 2 Covid Officers are in place across all radio stations.
- Covid 19 First Aid Responder Update and Briefing - Updates on Infection Prevention and Control for First Aid Responders
- First Aid Responder Course - 3 day course for First Aid Responders across the sector, stations must have at least 1 First Aid Responder in place. Training should be up to date and refresher training can also be provided where necessary
- Induction training - this training must be site specific and carried out by the station. Learning Waves can assist stations in developing templates and procedures for Induction training and we are currently looking at developing online content and courses in this area.
Learning Waves has recently secured additional funding from Skillnet Ireland under the Rebound Initiative to further develop training programmes that specifcally relate to the return to work with Covid 19. This funding will be used to develop online training materials and programmes which employees can access and gain certification for such training. Futher details on this will emerge in the coming weeks.