Legal Aspects of Social Media.
This course will look at the use of social media by radio stations to :
- generate listener interaction with on-air programming, and
- source on-air and website content, is now ubiquitous in the radio broadcasting industry
In addition to this, the course is designed to raise participants awareness of :
- the legal risks and risk management protocols for using social media to generate listener interaction with on-air programming;
- the legal risks and risk management protocols for sourcing on-air and website content from social media;
- personal liability and responsibilities of station personnel for their activities on personal social media accounts; and
- the role, purpose and necessity for in-house social media policies in radio stations.
The course will cover the following :
- Media law and how it applies to creating digital content
- Privacy Law
- Data Protection
- Copyright Law
- Advertisting rules and content
- Practical examples and problem solving
Sarah Kieran, Principal, MediaLawyer
Who is this content for?
This course is aimed at all of those using social media to distribute or create content across the sector.
The course is delivered online over Zoom for 2.5 hours.
This course will take place on the following dates :
18th April 2023 - 2pm to 4.30pm - book here : http://bit.ly/3Y7p49n
25th May 2023 - 2pm to 4.30pm - book here :